Build With Confidence
We know that building your own home is one of the largest investments you’ll ever make. But it’s more than that. Building your own house is the chance for you to create a home that fits your lifestyle and dreams. That’s why it’s important for you to select a builder with a reputation for quality construction, flexible designs, and abundant choices in options and upgrades.
And that's where we come in. At Ashley Homes Construction Co we Combine well knowledge courteous sales and a expert construction information base with a strong commitment to personal service that's the cornerstone that has guided Ashley Homes to the top. We have many pre designed Excel Homes floor plans for you to select from, or our custom design department at Excel Modular Homes can help make your unique idea a reality.
What goes into our energy star Excel homes?
• All common walls between modules are protected with
a high quality gasketing system to provide an increased
airtight seal between boxes.
• All exterior walls forming the thermal envelope
are fully caulked at mating points to completely seal
out air flow in accordance with the national
ENERGY STAR requirements.
• All other penetrations of the thermal envelope such as wire
ways and chases are fully caulked in accordance with the
ENERGY STAR requirements.
• All wall insulation provides full six-sided contact with
no voids at wires, plumbing, blocking, etc. Insulation R
value to be specified on order.
• The voids between door and window jambs
are fully insulated with batt insulation.
• Attic insulation to be blown in to provide full
truss-to-truss contact with no voids at wires, plumbing,
blocking, etc., and provide insulation in full contact
with ceiling drywall.
• Floor decking is glued to exterior perimeter rails,
creating an airtight seal.
• Accuvent roof baffles are provided in all soffit areas
as required to provide proper airflow and maximum
• Basement stair walls or attic close-off walls of the
thermal envelope are fully insulated according to wall
thickness, caulked, glued and gasketed as per the
method used for exterior walls.
• Floors with unheated spaces below such as garages
are fully insulated to provide full six-sided contact.
• The edge of the floor decking on second story storage
area is fully insulated.
• Tub and shower drain cutouts are fully insulated
if they penetrate the thermal envelope.
• One ENERGY STAR-certified 100 cfm
combo bath fan, light timer, and connection.
• A continuous backer is provided behind all tubs and
showers to ensure six-sided contact with all insulation.
• All electrical boxes on the exterior walls are gasketed
at the plate cover.
• All electrical boxes on the exterior walls are caulked
from the rear.
• Two ENERGY STAR-certified exterior lights.
• A certified Home Energy Rater will be contracted
to inspect modules at the factory site and provide an
ENERGY STAR Qualified Homes Thermal Bypass
Products that are outside of this standard package can be special ordered if you would like them in your new
home. Excel Homes offers thousands of customization options, including many ENERGY STAR features that
will further enhance your home’s energy efficiency. Ask your builder for details. For more information about the
ENERGY STAR program, visit www.energystar.gov.